Born: 19 November 1951
- She is an Indian actress, former model and beauty queen, who is best recognized for her work in Bollywood films and is widely considered to be a highly influential actress in Indian cinema.
- She was one of the highest-paid actresses throughout the 1970s and early 1980s and has received a wide variety of awards throughout her film career.
- She made her official film debut with the film Hare Rama Hare Krishna (1971) for which she won a Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award for her performance.
- She has also received two Filmfare Best Actress Award nominations for her roles in Satyam Shivam Sundaram (1978) and Insaf Ka Tarazu (1980).
- She has starred in over 80 films, many of which have been deemed classics, and throughout her career has won and been nominated for various awards.
- She has been noted for being one of the few to play more bold and controversial roles in Bollywood, breaking the traditional taboo and revolutionizing the Bollywood industry.
- Before acting, She began her career as a short-lived journalist for Femina magazine.
- She also began to take up modeling, and at the age of 19 went on to participate in beauty pageants, winning both the Femina Miss India pageant and the Miss Asia Pacific International pageant in 1970.
- Continuing in fashion, She had also appeared in many magazines and magazine covers throughout the 1970s and 1980s.
Click here for more details
(Visited 38 times, 1 visits today)
November 19, 2019