Born: 4 July 1992
- He is a professional tennis player from India. He is a former junior no. 1 and winner of the 2009 Australian Open Junior Championship.
- He is the first Indian to win the junior Australian Open title and fourth Indian in history to capture a junior singles title at a Grand Slam championship.
- He represents India in the Davis Cup.
- He reached the junior No. 1 ranking in the world in February 2009.
- He won the Junior Australian Open Boys singles title in 2009 by beating Alexandros-Ferdinandos Georgoudas of Greece in the finals.
- He competed in all the junior Grand Slams in 2008.
- He lost at the 2008 Australian Open Boys’ Singles in the semifinals to eventual champion Bernard Tomic.
- He concluded his season by making history as the first Indian winner of the prestigious Orange Bowl at age 16, beating Jarmere Jenkins of the U.S. in straight sets.
- In 2009, he began the year by winning the junior Australian Open, defeating Alexandros Georgoudas from Greece in the final in only 57 minutes.
- Throughout the tournament, he only dropped one set, becoming the first Indian singles winner of the junior Australian Open and the fourth Indian in history to capture a junior singles grand slam title.
(Visited 38 times, 1 visits today)
July 4, 2019