Yeshe Dorjee Thongchi
Born:13 June 1952
- He is an Indian writer.
- He was a former deputy commissioner.
- His first literary creation is a poem named Junbai'(জোনবাই).
- He is the recipient of India’s highly prestigious award Padma Shri 2020 for his work in the field of literature and education.
- His first poem Jonbai was published in 1967 in an Assamese Children’s Magazine of the same name when he was followed by some patriotic poems in some leading Assamese News Papers and magazines.
- It increased his popularity as a poet amongst his teachers, fellow students, friends, and other residents of the town of Bomdila, the headquarter town of the Kameng Frontier Division.
- Due to encouragement received from his teachers for writing one-act plays on the life of tribal people of NEFA and on a patriotic theme, he wrote several such one-act plays and staged at several places.
- Himantar Dabanal Fire at Border one of his another one-act plays was amalgamated with another such drama and represented the state at National Dramatic Festival held at Bangalore.
- He gains immense popularity amongst the readers for the unique background of his writings as we as his use of simple and following language which was admitted by critics on a later stage.
- In 1977 he was appointed as Arunachal Pradesh Civil Service Officer.
- He was inducted to Indian Administrative Service in 1992.
Click here for more details
(Visited 805 times, 1 visits today)
June 13, 2020