Born: 24 October 1984
- He is an Indian international cricketer who plays Test matches for the Indian national team and Bengal in domestic cricket.
- He is also the first cricketer to score a century in an Indian Premier League final.
- He plays for Sunrisers Hyderabad in the Indian Premier League.
- In 2017, he became the first Indian wicket-keeper to score centuries in a home as well as outside Asia.
- He made his Test debut in February 2010, as a specialist batsman.
- When he got a permanent place in the Indian Test XI as a wicket-keeper, there were arguments about his place in the backdrop of him replacing the long-serving MS Dhoni, who had scored nearly 5000 runs in Test cricket at an average nearly 40.
- He scored his maiden Test century at St. Lucia on the tour of the Caribbean; on that occasion, India, having been put in to bat, were at 126/5. Saha combined with Ashwin, had a long partnership.
- India went on to win the Test, He has since added two more centuries and his batting average has more than doubled.
- His second hundred came when India was against Bangladesh.
- He has played 23 Tests as India’s designated wicket-keeper, and his numbers on the batting front compare favorably to some of India’s previous wicket-keepers.
- In terms of runs, only Farokh Engineer (who also opened the innings), MS Dhoni and Nayan Mongia had scored more.
Click here for more details
(Visited 17 times, 1 visits today)
October 24, 2019