Wilfred Gerald Rebimbus
Born: 2 April 1942
Died: 9 March 2010
- He more popularly known as Wilfy Rebimbus, was a Konkani singer and lyricist. He is also known as the Konkani Kogul”.
- He had started composing Konkani songs at the age of 14 and authored his first drama Poixeancho Sonvsar (World of Money) when he was 15 and staged it through the St. Joseph’s Natak Sangh.
- He founded the musical group called United Youngsters Music Party in 1959 when he was just 17.
- It is now known as United Youngsters Cultural Association.
- He was credited for taking modern Konkani music to new heights with his unique compositions and singing style.
- He wrote songs for numerous occasions and situations. In a career spanning about 4 decades, Wilfy wrote thousands of songs and staged 248 Wilfy Nites.
- He released some forty albums, six devotional albums and at least one instrumental album.
- He was given the title ‘Konkan Kogul’ by The bishop of Mangalore at that time Late Basil D’souza on 26 September 1971.
click here for more details
(Visited 27 times, 1 visits today)
April 2, 2019