Vishwa Mohan Bhatt
Born: 27 July 1950
- He is a Hindustani classical music instrumentalist who plays the Mohan Veena (slide guitar).
- He is best known for his Grammy award-winning album A Meeting by the River with Ry Cooder released on Water Lily Acoustics label.
- He is also known for other fusion and pan-cultural collaborations with Western artists such as Taj Mahal, Béla Fleck, and Jerry Douglas.
- Exposure such as an appearance on the 2004 Crossroads Guitar Festival, organized by Eric Clapton, allows his playing to reach a larger audience.
- Guitar duet release with Guitarist Kapil Srivastava (guitar monk founder) in the year 2016 for the composition “Merry Love Rain.”
- Folk musician Harry Manx, who studied with Salil Bhatt for five years, plays a Mohan veena.
- Counting Crows’ bassist Matt Malley also plays a Mohan veena and is a student and friend of Bhatt.
- Australian musician Lawrie Minson also learned Mohan veena from Salil.
Click here for more details
(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)
July 27, 2019