Born: 8 June 1938
- He is an Indian theoretical physicist and a former C. V. Raman chair professor and director of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR).
- Known for his research in high energy physics, he is an elected fellow of all the three major Indian science academies – Indian National Science Academy, Indian Academy of Sciences and National Academy of Sciences, India as well as The World Academy of Sciences.
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, the apex agency of the Government of India for scientific research, awarded him the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology, one of the highest Indian science awards, for his contributions to Physical Sciences in 1973.
- The Indian Academy of Sciences elected Singh as a fellow in 1970 and the Council of Scientific.
- He became an elected fellow of the Indian National Science Academy in 1975 and four years later, the University Grants Commission of India selected him for the 1979 Meghnad Saha Award.
- He received the fellowship of the National Academy of Sciences, India in 1989, and the Goyal Prize for Physical Sciences in 1995.
- The Indian Science Congress Association awarded him the C. V. Raman Birth Centenary Gold Medal in 1996 and The World Academy of Sciences elected him as their fellow in 1999.
Click here for more details
(Visited 115 times, 1 visits today)
June 8, 2020