Vijay P. Bhatkar & Amitabh Bachchan
Vijay Pandurang Bhatkar
Born: 11 October 1946
- He is an Indian computer scientist, IT leader and educationalist.
- He is best known as the architect of India’s national initiative in supercomputing where he led the development of Param supercomputers.
- He is a Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri and Maharashtra Bhushan and Electronics Man of the Year (1992) awardee.
- He was the founder executive director of C-DAC and is currently working on the developing Exascale supercomputing mission for India.
- He has also been involved with ICT initiatives such as the development of GIST multilingual technology, MKCL’s computer literacy programme for computers and Education to Home (ETH) for providing coaching on ICT related examinations.
Born: 11 October 1942
- He is an Indian film actor, film director, film producer, music composer, television host and former politician.
- He was the first Asian actor to have a wax model displayed at Madame Tussaud’s in London.
- He was awarded with Padma Vibhushan by The Government of India in the year 2015. The Padma Vibhushan is the second-highest civilian award in India given for “exceptional and distinguished service.”
- In the year 2007, the French Government conferred Bachchan with the Knight of the Legion of Honour, France’s highest civilian honour, for his “exceptional career in the world of cinema and beyond.”
- Bachchan is the first artist in the history to have recieved the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 1991, which was established in the name of Raj Kapoor, who is considered as “the greatest showman of Indian cinema.”
- He was crowned as Superstar of the Millennium in 2000 at the Filmfare Awards.
(Visited 234 times, 1 visits today)
October 11, 2018