Born:18 May 1929
Died:3 March 2011
- He was a space scientist and member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.
- He was professor emeritus of the Raman Research Institute in Bangalore, India, where he had been director from 1972 to 1994.
- He was born in Tondiarpet, a suburb of Madras, to Nobel laureate physicist Sir Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman and his wife Lokasundari Ammal.
- His earlier schooling was in Madras.
- He graduated from the Mysore University before joining the Department of Physics at the prestigious Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- He was married to Mrs. Francoise-Dominique Barnard.
- They have a son Vivek Radhakrishnan who studied design under the direction of Hella Jongerius, from the Design Academy Eindhoven, Netherlands.
- In 2004, Vivek and his wife Namrata returned home to Bangalore to set up Kynkyny.
- The company has two facets, Kynkyny Art, a gallery for contemporary Indian art, and Kynkyny Home, a boutique for exclusive home furniture and products.
- He served on various committees in various capacities.
- He was the vice president of the International Astronomical Union during 1988-1994.
- He served as the chairman of Commission J ( Radio Astronomy) of the International Union of Radio Sciences (1981–1984).
click here for more details
(Visited 99 times, 1 visits today)
May 18, 2019