Vasant Ramji Khanolkar
Born: 13 April 1895
Died: 29 October 1978
- He better known as V. R. Khanolkar was an Indian Pathologist.
- He made major contributions to the epidemiology and understanding of cancer, blood groups, and leprosy.
- He is often referred as the “Father of Pathology and Medical Research in India.”
- He was born on 13 April 1895 in Gomantak Maratha Samaj Family.
- He has studied Medicine in University of London and obtained M.D. in Pathology in 1923.
- He has joined as Professor of Pathology in Grants Medical and Seth G. S. Medical Colleges.
- He was also closely associated with the Tata Memorial Hospital and served as director of laboratories and research.
- Government of India appointed him a national research professor of medicine which was held for ten years.
- He helped to organize the Indian Cancer Research Centre and served as director from its inception until 1973.
- He has received Padma Bhushan in 1955 from Government of India for his distinguished service to humanity.
click here for more details
(Visited 23 times, 1 visits today)
April 13, 2020