Born: 5 November 1952
- She is an Indian scholar, environmental activist, food sovereignty advocate, and anti-globalization author.
- She, currently based in Delhi, has authored more than twenty books.
- She is one of the leaders and board members of the International Forum on Globalization (along with Jerry Mander, Ralph Nader, and Jeremy Rifkin), and a figure of the global solidarity movement known as the anti-globalization movement.
- She has argued for the wisdom of many traditional practices, as is evident from her interview in the book Vedic Ecology (by Ranchor Prime) that draws upon India’s Vedic heritage.
- She is a member of the scientific committee of the Fundacion IDEAS, Spain’s Socialist Party’s think tank.
- She is also a member of the International Organization for a Participatory Society.
- She received the Right Livelihood Award in 1993, an honor is known as an “Alternative Nobel Prize”.
- She has written and spoken extensively about advances in the fields of agriculture and food. Intellectual property rights, biodiversity, biotechnology, bioethics, and genetic engineering are among the fields where Shiva has fought through activist campaigns.
Click here for more details
(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)
November 5, 2019