Born: 24 February 1920
Died: 26 October 2019
- She was India’s oldest yoga teacher.
- She trained one million students over 45 years and taught one hundred students daily.
- Six hundred of her students have become yoga instructors around the world.
- Her work was honoured with India’s National Nari Shakti Puraskar in 2016 and the country’s fourth-highest civilian award the Padma Shri in 2018.
- She started practising yoga when she was 8 years old.
- According to Nanammal, her father knew martial arts and had taught her Yoga.
- She continued practising yoga throughout her life.
- In the year 1972 she established “Ozone Yoga centre” in Coimbatore.
- She and her family, follow the traditions passed over to the next generations.
- The centre taught their traditional style of yoga, which focuses more on Pranayama (Breath-control).
- The ‘Ozone Yoga school’ was established by her and since then, Nanammal and her family have taught yoga to over 100,000 people.
Click here for more details
(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)
February 24, 2020