Ullal Srinivasa Mallya
Born: 21 November 1902
Died: 19 December 1965
- He was an Indian Politician.
- He served an 18-year tenure as a member of Parliament, from 1946–1965.
- He played a key role in the development of undivided Dakshina Kannada.
- He started his political career as the Secretary of the District Congress Committee.
- He later became a member of the All India Congress Committee (AICC).
- Due to his close relationship with Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, Mallya was chosen as the General Secretary of All India Congress Committee in 1951.
- After Independence, he became a member of the Delhi House of Representatives (Parliament).
- He was also appointed to the Constituent Assembly.
- He was elected a Member of Parliament from the first Indian Elections held in 1952 from South Kanara (North) Constituency and later from Udipi Lok Sabha constituency in the subsequent two terms in 1957 and 1962.
Click here for more details
(Visited 36 times, 1 visits today)
November 21, 2019