Born:26 April 1989
- She is an Indian track and field athlete, who predominantly competes in the middle-distance running events.
- Born in Valathode, Kerala, she is the national record holder in the women’s 800 metres.
- She represented India at the 2012 and 2016 Summer Olympic Games.
- In addition to being the 2015 Asian Champion in the 800 meters, she has won a total of six medals at the Asian Athletics Championships.
- She also competes in sprinting events including 400 metres and the 4 × 400 metres relay, and was a part of the gold medal winning relay team at the 2013 Asian Athletics Championships and the 2014 Asian Games.
- She is mentored by Indian Olympian P. T. Usha, and trains at the Usha School of Athletics, Koyilandy, Kerala.
- She was awarded Arjuna award, the country’s second-highest sporting honour by Government of India in 2014.
- In 2008, She won a silver medal in the 800-metre race at the Asian Junior Athletics Championship in Jakarta.
- On 1 October 2014 she won the Silver Medal in the 800m at the Asian Games held at Incheon, South Korea.
- She was also the part of the team that won the Gold Medal in the 4 X 400 m relay at the 2014 Asian Games.
- The team clocked 3:28:68 to break the Games Record. This is India’s 4th consecutive gold in the event since 2002.
click here for more details
(Visited 55 times, 1 visits today)
April 26, 2019