TiHAN: Autonomous Navigation facility
- TiHAN stands for “Technology Innovation Hub on Autonomous Navigation”.
- It was inaugurated on 4th July 2022 at the campus of IIT Hyderabad.
- It is India’s first Autonomous Navigation facility.
- Union Ministry of Science and technology has developed the navigation facility with an outlay of Rs. 130 crores.
- It is a multidisciplinary initiative, that has been launched to make India a global player in ‘smart mobility’ technology for futuristic and next generation.
- This platform will provide for high quality research facility between industry, academia and R&D labs at local and global levels.
- A real-time CPS system is being developed and deployed by TiHAN, using autonomous UAVs and ground or surface vehicle. This will find applications in many sectors of national importance.
(Visited 89 times, 1 visits today)
July 11, 2022