Born: 24 February 1924
Died: 9 May 1998
- He is considered one of the greatest male Indian non-classical and semi-classical singers.
- He was a born singer with an intuitive sense of beauty, charm and grace.
- He was an Indian playback singer. Although he tried his luck as a film actor, he didn’t succeed a great deal in acting.
- He received Padma Bhushan in 1992, in recognition of his artistic contributions in the spheres of cinematic and ghazal music.
- He had a unique, elegant and profoundly artistic style of singing.
- He was a very gifted singer in every sense.
- He was particularly famous for singing soft and sombre semi-classical and non-classical ghazals, but the film songs sung by him are also considered critically flawless and outstanding.
- He can be described as the real founder of modern semi-classical and non-classical ghazal.
click here for more details
(Visited 89 times, 1 visits today)
February 24, 2019