Born: 19 April 1953
- He is an Indian swimmer and water polo player.
- He was born on 19 April 1953. His father was the late Sh Mulkh Raj Kohli, who started the company Beat All Sports commonly known as BAS.
- He received a bronze medal at the 1982 Asian Games in New Delhi.
- In 1980, when the first Asian Swimming Championships was held at Dhaka, he was the captain of the Indian team and won two silver medals.
- After his retirement from professional swimming, he started coaching youngsters in swimming and water polo, and later became general secretary of District Swimming Association of Jalandhar.
- He was awarded Maharaja Ranjit Singh Award for Swimming, given by Government of Punjab in 1978 and the Dhyan Chand Award, the highest award in Indian sports for lifetime achievement, given by Government of India in 2011.
click here for more details
(Visited 13 times, 1 visits today)
April 19, 2020