Subedar Major Yogendra Singh Yadav
Born: 10 May 1980
- He PVC is a Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO) in the Indian Army, who was awarded the highest Indian military honour decoration, the Param Vir Chakra, for his action during the Kargil War.
- Aged 19 when he received the decoration, he is the youngest person to be awarded the medal.
- He joined Indian Army at age 16 years and five months.According to the Param Vir Chakra citation on the Indian Army’s website, Yadav “displayed the most conspicuous courage, indomitable gallantry, grit and determination under extreme adverse circumstances”.
- In the Bollywood film Lakshya about Tiger Hill, the actions of the fictional war hero Karan Shergill played by Hrithik Roshan is a screen adaptation depicting the heroic deeds of his platoon, among others.
- It provides a detailed description of their arduous journey to capture the strategically placed bunkers on Tiger Hill.
- The assault led by another Ghatak platoon from the same regiment on Tololing was adapted as one of the prominent battle scenes in the Hindi film LOC Kargil.
- Bollywood actor Manoj Bajpai portrayed the role of Yadav in the film.
click here for more details
(Visited 151 times, 1 visits today)
May 10, 2020