Born: 25 March 1979
- She is an Indian chess player who holds the FIDE titles of International Master and Woman Grandmaster, the first female player in her country to achieve these titles.
- She has won more medals than any other player for India in the Chess Olympiads. She has won almost all national age group titles, including the senior title.
- Her first tournament was the Tal Chess Open in 1986. In 1988 and in 1989 she won the Indian championship in the U10 girls category. Also in the U12 category she won twice.
- She won the Asian Zone tournament in 1997 in Teheran, and also in 1999 in Mumbai. In 1996 in Kolkata she became Commonwealth women’s champion, a title she won again in 2003 in Mumbai.
- She won the Indian Women’s Championship in 1995 (Madras), 1996 (Kolkata), 1999 (Kozhikode), 2000 (Mumbai), 2001 (New Delhi) and 2002 (Lakhnau).
- In 2001 the Indian government gave her the Arjuna Award.
click here for more details
(Visited 47 times, 1 visits today)
March 25, 2019