Sripathi Panditaradhyula Balasubrahmanyam
Born: 4 June 1946
- He mostly referred to as S. P. B. or Balu is an Indian playback singer, music director, actor, dubbing artist, and film producer who works predominantly in Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Hindi, and Malayalam.
- He has recorded over 40000 songs in 16 Indian languages.
- He has garnered six National Film Awards for Best Male Playback Singer for his works in four different languages; Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, and Hindi; twenty-five Andhra Pradesh state Nandi Awards for his works towards Telugu cinema, numerous other state awards from Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
- In addition, he garnered the Bollywood Filmfare Award, and six Filmfare Awards South.
- In 2012, he received the state NTR National Award for his contributions to Indian cinema.
- In 2016, He was honored with the Indian Film Personality of the Year consisting of a Silver Peacock Medal.
- He is a recipient of civilian awards such as Padma Shri (2001) and Padma Bhushan (2011) from the Government of India.
Click here for more details
(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)
June 4, 2020