Born: 5 January 1951
- He, better known by his stage name Jagathy Sreekumar, or simply Jagathy, is an Indian film actor who has starred in over 1000 Malayalam films in a career spanning almost four decades.
- Hailed as one of the greatest comedians of all-time in Malayalam cinema, he is also known for his highly nuanced character roles.
- He is the son of acclaimed dramaturge and writer, the late Jagathy N. K. Achary.
- He is often described as a University of Acting or an institution himself of acting for his versatility in handling any kind of role apart from comedy.
- He won five Kerala State Film Awards among numerous other awards for his roles in various films.
- He has also directed two films and written screenplays for two more.
- His stage name is derived from the neighborhood of Jagathy in Trivandrum from where he hails.
- He was an Outspoken Kerala orator holding strong views, quite unlike his onscreen image and his speeches are still popular on Youtube 7 years after his hiatus from the silver screen.
- With 1,070-odd Malayalam films to his credit (as of 2005), he was reckoned as one of the most prolific actors in the industry, however, he was involved in a vehicle accident in March 2012 and was hospitalized for over a year.
- He is still recovering from his injuries.
- His film career has been being on hold since the accident.
- It has been reported via various news outlets that Jagathi Sreekumar is back to acting through a television ad.
Click here for more details
(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)
January 5, 2020