Sourav Chandidas Ganguly
Born: 8 July 1972
- He affectionately known as Dada , is an Indian cricket commentator and former cricketer and captain of the Indian national team, Currently, he is appointed as the President of the Cricket Association of Bengal and President of the Editorial Board with Wisden India.
- During his playing career, he established himself as one of the world’s leading batsmen and also one of the greatest captains of the national cricket team.
- While batting, he was especially prolific through the off side, earning himself the nickname God of the Off Side for his elegant strokeplay square of the wicket and through the covers.
- He is one of the four members of the Indian Premier League’s Governing Council, responsible for all the functions of the tournament.
- He was appointed by Supreme Court in January 2016. He is also a member of Technical Committee, Indian Premier League.
- He was introduced into the world of cricket by his elder brother, Snehasish.
- He is regarded as one of India’s most successful captains in modern times,and one of the greatest ODI batsmen of all time.
- He started his career by playing in state and school teams.
- Currently, he is the 8th highest run scorer in One Day Internationals (ODIs) and was the 3rd batsman in history to cross the 10,000 run landmark, after Sachin Tendulkar and Inzamam Ul Haq.
- In 2002, the Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack ranked him the sixth greatest ODI batsman of all time, next to Viv Richards, Sachin Tendulkar, Brian Lara, Dean Jones and Michael Bevan.
click here for more details
(Visited 96 times, 1 visits today)
July 8, 2019