K. S. S. Nambooripad
Born: 6 April 1935
- He is an Indian mathematician who has made fundamental contributions to the structure theory of regular semigroups.
- He was also instrumental in popularising the TeX software in India and also in introducing and championing the cause of the free software movement in India.
- He was with the Department of Mathematics, University of Kerala, since 1976.
- He served the Department as its Head from 1983 until his retirement from University service in 1995.
- After retirement, he is associating with the academic and research activities of the Center for Mathematical Sciences, Thiruvananthapuram in various capacities.
- He later developed an alternative approach to describe the structure of regular semigroups.
- This particular work utilizes the abstract theory of cross-connections to provide a useful framework for studying various classes of regular semigroups.
- He was the prime catalyst for the formation of Indian TeX Users Group in 1998.
- He was the inaugural Chairman of the Group.
(Visited 64 times, 1 visits today)
April 6, 2019