Sir Benegal Narsing Rao
Born: 26 February 1887
Died: 30 November 1953
- He was an Indian civil servant, jurist, diplomat and statesman known for his key role in drafting the Constitution of India.
- He was also India’s representative to the United Nations Security Council from 1950 to 1952.
- His brothers were Governor of the Reserve Bank of India Benegal Rama Rau and journalist and politician B. Shiva Rao.
- One of the foremost Indian jurists of his time, Rau helped draft the constitutions of Burma in 1947 and India in 1950.
- As India’s representative on the United Nations Security Council (1950–52), he was serving as president of the council when it recommended armed assistance to South Korea (June 1950).
- His writings on Indian law include a noted study on constitutional precedents as well as articles on human rights in India.
- He served briefly (1944–45) as Prime Minister of Jammu and Kashmir state.
click here for more details
(Visited 112 times, 1 visits today)
February 26, 2019