Born:21 May 1931
Died:5 September 1991
- He was a Hindi poet, writer, satirist and a dialogue and scriptwriter in Hindi films and television.
- He was awarded the Padma Shri in 1990.
- He has written many satirical essays on political, social, cultural and economical topics, such as Atha Shri Ganeshaya Namah, Billiyon ka Artha Shastra, Buddhijivi, Sahitya ka Mahabali, Adhyaksha Mahodaya.
- He also wrote satirical plays.
- His plays Ek Tha Gadha Urf Aladad Khan and Andhon Ka Haathi are popular for satire and timeless humour.
- His books and essay collections include Parikrama, Kisi Bahane, Tilasm, Jeep par Sawar Illian, Raha Kinare Baith, Meri Shreshth Rachnaye, Dusri Satah, Yatha Sambhav, Yatra Tatra Sarvatra, Yatha Samay, Ham Bhrashtan ke Bhrasht Hamare, and Pratidin.
- Madhya Pradesh government has instituted an award in his memory titled, “Sharad Joshi Samman”, given each year to individuals for outstanding achievement in the field of writing.It includes a cash award of Rs. 51,000 and citation.
- His daughter Neha Sharad also organized Shradotsav in 2016, a literary and theatre festival (which has plays as well as a book fair), to commemorate her father’s work.
click here for more details
(Visited 19 times, 1 visits today)
May 21, 2019