Shankar Mokashi Punekar
Born: 8 May 1928
Died: 11 August 2004
- He was a well known writer in the Kannada Language.
- He was a recipient of the Sahitya Academy award for his novel Avadheshwari.
- He was considered as one of the major writer in the Modern Kannada Literature.
- His novel Gangavva Gangamayi was the magnum opus in the history of Kannada Literature.
- Gangavva Gangamayi, Avadheshwari (Novels), Bilaaskhaan (Story), Maayiya Mooru Mukhagalu (Poem), Sahitya mattu Abhiruchi (Criticism) and Paschyatya Sahitya Vimarshe (Criticism) are major contributions to the Kannada Literature.
Click here for more details
(Visited 10 times, 1 visits today)
May 8, 2020