Shah Rukh Khan
Born: 2 November 1965
- He also known by the initialism SRK, is an Indian actor, film producer, and television personality.
- Referred to in the media as the “Badshah of Bollywood”, “King of Bollywood” and “King Khan”, he has appeared in more than 80 Bollywood films and earned numerous accolades, including 14 Filmfare Awards.
- The Government of India has awarded him the Padma Shri, the fourth-highest Indian civilian honor, and the Government of France the Officier of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres, the second-degree of the honour, and the Chevalier of the Legion of Honour, the fifth degree of the honour.
- He has a significant following in Asia and the Indian diaspora worldwide.
- In terms of audience size and income, he has been described as one of the most successful film stars in the world.
- He is a frequent stage performer and has participated in several world tours and concerts.
- In 1997, he performed in Asha Bhosle’s Moments in Time concert in Malaysia and returned the following year to perform with Karisma Kapoor for the Shahrukh–Karisma: Live in Malaysia concert.
- In 2008, he, in partnership with Juhi Chawla and her husband Jay Mehta, acquired ownership rights for the franchise representing Kolkata in the Twenty20 cricket tournament Indian Premier League (IPL) for US$75.09 million and named the team Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR).
- As of 2009, KKR was one of the richest teams in the IPL, with a brand value of US$42.1 million.
- The team performed poorly on the field during the first three years.
- Their performance improved over time, and they became the champions for the first time in 2012 and repeated the feat in 2014.
- The Knight Riders hold the record for the longest winning streak by any Indian team in T20s (14).
Click here for more details
(Visited 37 times, 1 visits today)
November 2, 2019