Sardar Gouthu Latchanna
Born: 16 August 1909
Died: 19 April 2006
- He was a veteran freedom fighter from India.
- He was a champion of kisans, backward classes, weaker sections and one of the most prominent leaders of his time.
- He was arrested at a very young age of 21 when he participated in the Salt Satyagraha at Palasa.
- He also participated in the Quit India Movement.
- He has conferred the title of Sardar for his fearless fight against the British Raj.
- He was the born leader of masses, freedom fighter, and social reformer.
- Till Independence, he fought against the British. After the end of British Raj, it was on political and social fronts for the sake of farmers, laborers, and the working class.
- He was also the member of Madras Trade Union Board.
- He was instrumental in bringing down the government of Prakasham Panthulu on the issues of prohibition.
- Naa Jeevitam (Autobiography) in Telugu written by him, 2001.
Click here for more details
(Visited 224 times, 1 visits today)
August 16, 2019