Born: 23 November 1979
- She is an Indian former track and field sprinter from Tripura.
- She holds the current 200 meters national record of 22.82 seconds set at the National Circuit Athletic Meet held in Ludhiana on 28 August 2002.
- She broke the previous mark held by Rachita Mistry since July 2000.
- In doing so, She became the first Indian woman to break the 23-second barrier in 200 meters.
- The highlight of her career was the gold medal she won at the 2002 Busan Asian Games.
- Rachita represented India in 4×100 meters relay together with P. T. Usha, E. B. Shyla, and Rachita Mistry at the 1998 Asian Championships in Athletics where her team won the gold medal on way to set the current national record of 44.43 s.
- In 2002, she has conferred the Arjuna Award for her contribution to the Indian athletics.
- She quit competitive athletics in July 2006 owing to the injury to her Achilles tendon, which occurred after the Busan Asian Games.
Click here for more details
(Visited 226 times, 1 visits today)
November 23, 2019