Born: 9 July 1938
Died: 6 November 1985
- He was an Indian film actor.
- He won several major awards including two National Film Awards for Best Actor for his performances in the movies Dastak (1970) and Koshish (1972).
- He acted in genres ranging from romantic dramas to thrillers.
- He did not mind playing roles that were non-glamorous, such as characters well beyond his age.
- Movies such as Arjun Pandit, Sholay, and Trishul, along with the remakes of Tamil films into Hindi such as Khilona, Yehi Hai Zindagi, Naya Din Nai Raat, Devata, Itni Si Baat and Ram Tere Kitne Naam exemplify his talents.
- He also did suspense-thriller films such as Qatl, Shikar, Uljhan, and Trishna.
- He also proved his ability to do comedy in films such as Manchali, Pati Patni Aur Woh, Angoor, Biwi-O-Biwi, and Hero.
- He is well remembered for his versatility and genuine portrayal of his characters.
- His double role in the film Angoor was listed among the 25 best acting performances of Indian cinema by Forbes India on the occasion of celebrating 100 years of Indian Cinema.
Click here for more details
(Visited 41 times, 1 visits today)
July 9, 2020