Born: 27 February 1986
- He is an Indian professional field hockey player from Haryana and an ex-captain of the Indian national team.
- He generally features a full back and is a penalty corner specialist for the team.
- He was famous as Flicker Singh in media.
- He currently holds a DSP rank in the Haryana Police.
- He is MLA of Pehowa City which is situated in Kurukshetra.
- His international debut was in January 2004 in Sultan Azlan Shah Cup in Kuala Lumpur.
- He took over as the captain of the Indian national team in January 2009, and Rajpal Singh succeeded him later in 2010.
- He is a well-known drag-flicker.
- At a time he was said to have the best speed in the world in drag flick (speed 145 km/h).
- Under his captaincy, the Indian team managed to clinch the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup in 2009 after defeating Malaysia in the finals at Ipoh.
- India won the title after a long wait of 13 years.
- He was also the top goal scorer of the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup tournament.
- He scored the most goals and won the Man of the Tournament award in the 2009 Sultan Azlan Shah Cup.
- Scoring 16 goals, he was the leading goal scorer in the qualifying tournament for the 2012 London Olympics.
Click here for more details
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)
February 27, 2020