Born: 2 September 1941
Died: 25 December 2015
- She popularly was known by the mononym Sadhana was an Indian film actress, who appeared in many successful films of the 1960s and 70s.
- Regarded as one of the finest and iconic film actresses in the history of Hindi cinema, she was the highest-paid actress of her time from the early 1960s to late 1970s.
- Popularly known as The Mystery Girl, she was one of the most beautiful and the top actresses in the 1960s, a period regarded as Bollywood’s “golden era”.
- She was active from 1960-1981.
- In a career spanning over four decades, Sadhana starred in over 30 successful films such as Hum Dono, Woh Kaun Thi, Waqt, Arzoo, Mera Saaya, Anita and Ek Phool Do Mali.
- She appeared in the Sindhi language film Abaana and entered the Hindi film industry through the 1960s romantic film Love in Simla.
- Her fringe haircut became popular during the 1960s and came to be known as the “Sadhana cut”.
- She became famous with her three suspense thriller films; Woh Kaun Thi? (1964), Mera Saaya (1966) and Anita (1967), all directed by Raj Khosla.
- She was given a double role in her two commercially successful films Woh Kaun Thi? and Mera Saaya.
- She was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress for films such Woh Kaun Thi? and Waqt in 1965 and 1966 respectively.
- She took retirement from the film industry in the mid-1970s before which she also directed and co-produced a few films.
- She received the IIFA Lifetime Achievement Award for her contributions to hit and evergreen classic films of Bollywood.
Click here for more details
(Visited 155 times, 1 visits today)
September 2, 2019