S. I. Padmavati
Born: 20 June 1917
- She is commonly known as Dr S. I. Padmavati or Dr S. Padmavati is an Indian cardiologist.
- She is director of the National Heart Institute, Delhi and the founder president of the All India Heart Foundation.
- The institute collaborates with the World Health Organization (WHO) in training students in preventive cardiology.
- She was awarded India’s second-highest civilian honour, the Padma Vibhushan in 1992
- She an elected fellow of the National Academy of Medical Sciences, was the first woman cardiologist in India in 1954 and established the first cardiac clinic and cardiac cath lab in North India.
- She was the President of the 5th World Congress of Cardiology, New Delhi (1966).
- Today, she is an Emeritus Professor of Medicine and Cardiology of the University of Delhi.
- She was awarded India’s second-highest civilian honour the Padma Vibhushan in 1992, by Government of India.
- She turned 101 in June 2018.
Click here for more details
(Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)
June 20, 2020