Born: 7 January 1957
- She is a Hindi Bollywood actress who has performed leading roles in many films from 1972 to 1985 and was a leading actress of that era.
- She was one of the higher-paid actresses of her time.
- She was known for playing glamorous and strong female-oriented roles.
- She is the recipient of a Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress, for her performance in film Apnapan (1977), and has received nominations for Filmfare Best Actress Award for Nagin (1976) and Aasha (1980).
- Her career in films started off with a non-starter, B. R. Ishara’s Nai Duniya Naye Log with another newcomer Danny Denzongpa, but it was shelved temporarily.
- Undeterred, B. R. Ishara cast both actors again in Zaroorat (1972), along with another newcomer Vijay Arora, and the racy film got her some attention.
- The bright spot during this period came with her lively performance in Jaise Ko Taisa (1973) and her rain-soaked dance to the song “Ab ke sawan mein jee dare” with Jeetendra raised temperatures.
- 1976 was the year that gave Reena her major breakthrough with Nagin and Kalicharan.
- Subhash Ghai, a failed actor, was making his directorial debut, and Shatrughan Sinha, an actor known for his villainous roles, was making his first mark as a hero.
- She and Shatrughan got attention for their performances and became a famous team on and off-screen.
- Subhash Ghai’s Vishwanath (1978), another blockbuster thriller, established them as a hit-pair.
- The press also publicized their off-screen relationship, which ended when Shatrughan married his long-time girlfriend Poonam Sinha in 1981.
Click here for more details
(Visited 25 times, 1 visits today)
January 7, 2020