Born: 8 April 1928
Died: 6 March 1992
- He was a popular Marathi writer from Maharashtra, India.
- He is best known for his historical novels Swami and Shriman Yogi.
- He was awarded the Sahitya Akademi Award in 1964 and the Padma Shri in 1973.
- He was born in 1928 in the town of Kowad in Chandgad Taluka in Kolhapur district of Maharashtra.
- He was married to Sunanda Kupekar / Desai.Desai’s most prominent creations are “Swami” and “Shriman Yogi”.
click here for more details
(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)
April 8, 2020