Born: 23 January 1947
- He is an Indian film director and producer, best known for directing the popular and critically acclaimed film Sholay.
- He is a winner of the civilian honour of Padma Shri in 2013.
- His father was producer G. P. Sippy.
- His son Rohan Sippy is a film director.
- His daughter Sheena was once married to Shashi Kapoor’s son, Kunal Kapoor until they divorced in 2004.
- He has been married twice; his current wife is actress Kiran Juneja.
- In 1975, he directed Sholay featuring an ensemble cast including Dharmendra, Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjeev Kumar and Amjad Khan in his most iconic role as the dacoit Gabbar Singh.
- After a lukewarm start the box office, the film went on to become the biggest blockbuster in Bollywood film history and won major acclaim.
- Sholay still remains one of the most iconic films in Hindi film history and a favorite for Hindi film audiences globally.
Click here for more details
(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)
January 23, 2020