Ramdhari Singh Dinkar
Born: 23 September 1908
Died: 24 April 1974
- He was an Indian Hindi poet, essayist, patriot and academic,who is considered as one of the most important modern Hindi poets.
- He remerged as a poet of rebellion as a consequence of his nationalist poetry written in the days before Indian independence.
- He has been hailed as a Rashtrakavi (“National poet”) on account of his inspiring patriotic compositions.
- He was elected three times to the Rajya Sabha and he was the member of this house from 3 April 1952 to 26 January 1964 and was awarded the Padma Bhushan in 1959.
- He was also the Vice-Chancellor of Bhagalpur University (Bhagalpur, Bihar) in the early 1960.
- He got the Sahitya Akademi Award in 1959 for his work Uravshi.
- He was awarded the LLD degree by Bhagalpur University.
(Visited 121 times, 1 visits today)
September 23, 2018