Born: 15 March 1951
- He is an Indian mathematician and was Director of the Institute of Mathematical Sciences in Chennai, India.
- He is known for his work in number theory, which includes settling the final g(4) case of Waring’s problem in 1986.
- His works on moments of Riemann zeta function are highly appreciated and he was a plenary speaker from India at ICM in 2010.
- He was a visiting scholar at the Institute for Advanced Study in 1980-81.
- He has received the following awards:
- The Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology in 1990…
- The French government’s Ordre National du Mérite for “furthering Indo-French cooperation in the field of mathematics” in 2003.
- The Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award in India, in 2006.
Click here for more details
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)
March 15, 2020