Rajendra Kumar Tuli
Born: 20 July 1929
Died: 12 July 1999
- He was an Indian film actor who starred in Bollywood films.
- Starting his career in 1950, he appeared in more than 80 films in a career spanning over four decades.
- He was popularly known as the ‘Jubilee Star’ and ‘Tragedy King’, a title earlier conferred to Dilip Kumar.
- He was considered one of the most successful Indian Bollywood actors in the 1960s.
- He also produced several films starring his son Kumar Gaurav.
- The Government of India honoured him with the Padma Shri in 1969.
- He was also conferred with Justice of Peace honour and served as Honorary Magistrate.
- He was awarded the National Honour by late Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru simultaneously for “Kanoon” (Hindi) and “Mehndi Rang Lagyo” (Gujarati film).
- He received a special Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award and was associated with several charity schemes.
Click here for more details
(Visited 56 times, 1 visits today)
July 20, 2020