Born: 26 July 1865
Died: 13 September 1910
- He was a Bengali poet and composer, known for his devotional (bhakti) compositions, as well as his patriotic songs.
- His father Guruprasad was inclined to poetry and music and was a composer of Vaishnav and Shiva-Durga songs (Padabali).
- Guruprasad collected age-old Vaishnavalyrics in Brajabuli dialect from Katwa-Kalna area and compiled them into a book titled Padachintamanimala.
- His mother Manomohini Devi had an interest in Bengali literature, She used to discuss it with young Rajinikanth.
- All these influenced his future compositions a lot.
- He got interested in music from Tarakeshwar Chakrabarty, his friend in Bhangabari.
- He was fluent in writing poems in Bengali and Sanskrit from childhood.
- He started composing music for his poems and singing those along with playing musical instruments later.
- His poems were published in various local magazines such as Utsaha, Ashalata, etc.
- He used to compose songs for inaugural and closing ceremonies for various assemblies in his college days even in very short notice.
Click here for more details
(Visited 107 times, 1 visits today)
July 26, 2019