Rasipuram Krishnaswami Iyer Narayanaswami
Born: 10 October 1906
Died: 13 May 2001
- He was an Indian writer known for his works set in the fictional South Indian town of Malgudi.
- He was a leading author of early Indian literature in English along with Mulk Raj Anand and Raja Rao.
- From the childhood, he had an interest in reading books. He used to read a lot of books and gradually started writing.
- He started his career as a school teacher. Later, he left the job to become a writer.
- His mentor and friend Graham Greene was instrumental in getting publishers for Narayan’s first four books including the semi-autobiographical trilogy of Swami and Friends, The Bachelor of Arts and The English Teacher.
- He also started his own publishing company- Indian Thought Publications. He was successful with this publication.
- He won many awards such as- Sahitya Academy Award, Padma Bhushan, Padma Vibhushan and A C Bensen Medal.
(Visited 119 times, 1 visits today)
October 10, 2018