Pramod Karan Sethi
Born:28 November 1927
Died: 6 January 2008
- He was an Indian orthopedic surgeon.
- With Ram Chandra Sharma, he co-invented the “Jaipur foot”, an inexpensive and flexible artificial limb, in 1969.
- He was awarded the Magsaysay Award for Community Leadership in 1981 and the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 1981.
- The Jaipur foot is made of rubber and wood and is probably the lowest cost prosthetic limb available in the world.
- The International Red Cross Committee has used it extensively in Afghanistan and other places to help amputees.
- Several injured soldiers in the Kargil war were benefited due to the Jaipur foot.
- He was recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records for helping a large number of amputees in obtaining mobility again.
- The Indian dancer and actor Sudha Chandran was one of his patients.
Click here for more details
(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)
November 28, 2019