Pisharoth Rama Pisharoty
Born: 10 February 1909
Died:24 September 2002
- He was an Indian physicist and meteorologist, and is considered to be the father of remote sensing in India.
- He became the Director of Colaba and Alibag Magnetic Observatories in 1959 and Founder Director of the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Punein 1962.
- In 1967 he retired as Director of the Institute of Tropical Meteorology and joined the Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad as a senior professor at the invitation of Vikram Sarabhai.
- At this point he was entrusted with the job of introducing remote sensing technology to India.
- He accepted the job. His pioneering experiment of detection of coconut wilt-root disease using Soviet aircraft and US equipment was considered to be the first success in remote sensing in India.
click here for more details
(Visited 56 times, 1 visits today)
February 10, 2019