Born: 10 May 1986
- He is a chess Grandmaster from Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- He became the youngest grandmaster from India on 12 September 2001, a record now held by Praggnanandhaa Rameshbabu.
- He was Commonwealth Champion in 2001, World Junior Champion in 2004 and Asian Individual Champion in 2011.
- On personal front, he married Nadezda Stojanovic, the Serbian chess prodigy, in 2018.
- He won the Tata Steel Group B in 2012 and the Biel MTO Masters Tournament Open event in 2013.
- He represented India at seven Chess Olympiads from 2000 to 2012 and won team Bronze at the World Team Chess Championships in 2010.
- At the Asian Team Championships,he won team gold once, team silver twice and individual bronze once.
- In February 2013, his FIDE rating passed 2700 for the first time.
- He broke into the top ten players in the world in November 2016 with a FIDE rating of 2768.
- He has represented India at seven Chess Olympiads, making his debut at the age of 14 years 5 months during the 34th Chess Olympiad held in Istanbul with results as follows.
click here for more details
(Visited 86 times, 1 visits today)
May 10, 2019