Born:April 13, 1930
Died:October 8, 1959
- He also known as Pattukottai Kalyanasundaranar, was an Indian poet and lyricist.
- Considered to be the most popular Tamil lyricist of the 1950s, he is particularly remembered for the philosophy-tinged lyrics he penned for M. G. Ramachandran’s movies.
- His first opportunity to write lyrics for a Tamil movie was for Paditha Penn.
- He achieved success as lyricist even before the release of Paditha Penn (which was released on April 20, 1956) when Maheswari, a film for which he penned five song lyrics, was released ahead on November 13, 1955.
- The Kalyanasundaram–Sridhar combination proved to be successful again with the movie Kalyana Parisu.
- He was very active and successful in the Tamil film industry during the years 1954–1959 and wrote around 250 songs during this period, including several songs for two leading Tamil movie stars of that period – MGR and Sivaji Ganesan.
click here for more details
(Visited 166 times, 1 visits today)
April 13, 2019