Born:17 May 1951
- He is a ghazal singer, hailing from Gujarat in India.
- He started his career with a release of a ghazal album titled Aahat in 1980 and subsequently recorded many hits like Mukarar in 1981, Tarrannum in 1982, Mehfil in 1983, Pankaj Udhas Live at Royal Albert Hall in 1984, Nayaab in 1985 and Aafreen in 1986.
- After his success as a ghazal singer, he was invited to appear and sing for a film by Mahesh Bhatt, Naam.
- He rose to further fame for singing in the 1986 film Naam, in which his song “Chitthi Aayee Hai” became an instant hit.
- He did playback singing for many Hindi films after that.
- Albums and live concerts around the globe brought him fame as a singer.
- In 2006, he was awarded the famous Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian award.
- His brothers Nirmal Udhas and Manhar Udhas are also singers.
- He Awarded the prestigious “Kalakar” award at Kolkata for “Hasrat” as “Best Ghazal album of 2005”.
- In 2003 MTV Immies Award for the successful album ‘In Search of Meer’.
click here for more details
(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)
May 17, 2019