Pandit Vinayak Malharrao Torvi
Born: 4 September 1948
- He is an Indian classical vocalist.
- He belongs to the Gwalior and Kirana gharanas (singing styles).
- His career started in 1960, as he started performing in music concerts and winning various state and national level music competitions.
- In the early 1970s, he earned a bachelor’s degree in music from Karnataka University Dharwad.
- In 1976, he became A graded artiste of All India Radio.
- At around the same time, in the late 70s, he earned his Masters in classical music from Karnataka University.
- In 1980 he performed in his first major national level concert, a music conference organized by ITC at Hubli.
- He later served on the board of Karnataka state Sangeet Nritya Academy for two consecutive terms.
- In 1983 he established Gururao Deshpande Sangeet Sabha in Bangalore, which was inaugurated by the musician Gangubai Hangal.
Click here for more details
(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)
September 4, 2020