Pandit Manilal Nag
Born: 16 August 1939
- He is an Indian classical sitar player and an exponent of the Bishnupur Gharana of Bengal.
- He was given the Padma Shri Award, the fourth highest civilian award in India in 2020.
- He made his first public appearance in the All India Music Conference of 1953, accompanied by Samta Prasad on tabla.
- He has been performing many times in the National Programme of Music and Akashvani Sangeet Sammelan since 1954.
- He was invited to the United States and other European Countries through the I.C.C.R (Government of India) in the year 1973.
- In 1979 he was also invited to Australia by the Government Of India as a delegate for participation in the Indian Ocean Art Festival, to mark the 150th Anniversary of the Government of Australia.
- He was attached to the Instrumental Music Division of the ITC Sangeet Research Academy from 2005 to 2011.
Click here for more details
(Visited 80 times, 1 visits today)
August 16, 2020