Born: 25 August 1973
- She also referred to as S. Nithyashri, is a Carnatic musician and playback singer for film songs in many Indian languages.
- She has performed in all major sabhas in India.
- She has released more than 500 albums. She is best known for her rendition of the A. R. Rahman composition, “Kannodu Kaanbadhellam” – her playback debut song in the Tamil movie Jeans.
- She has given numerous concerts consisting of only patriotic songs to commemorate the 50th year of Indian Independence, a few with D. K. Pattammal before her grandmother stopped performing in public.
- D. K. Jayaraman and D. K. Pattammal were known for singing and popularising the compositions of Papanasam Sivan, having learnt them directly from the composer himself.
- She has continued this tradition.
- She has also given a lecture-demonstration in Coimbatore for Manoranjitham on “Papanasam Sivan – A Legend”, and made two special thematic albums that solely contained his compositions.
- Like D. K. Pattammal, Nithyasree presented a concert consisting solely of compositions set to raga Bhairavi.
- Her concert was presented in 1994 over a duration of 3 hours and consisted of 17 compositions in total.
- Similarly, in 1999, her album “BHAIRAVI” was released by Charsur Digital Workstation which solely consisted of a Ragam Tanam Pallavi in ragas containing the name “Bhairavi”.
- Like D. K. Pattammal,she has also popularised compositions of Gopalakrishna Bharathi.
- She presented a paper on the Life and Contribution of Gopalakrishna Bharathi for the Music Department of PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore.
- Her three thematic albums that solely consisted of his compositions have been very popular, both online and offline.
- She has more than 750 albums to her credit on various themes and titles which are very popular among rasikas.
Click here for more details
(Visited 72 times, 1 visits today)
August 25, 2020