Neeraj Chopra wins Silver at WAC 2022
Neeraj Chopra : First-ever Indian to win silver at World Athletics Championships 2022
- Neeraj Chopra(born 24 December 1997) is an Indian track and field athlete.
- He secured the silver medal with a throw of 88.13 meters in the men’s Javelin finals at World Athletics Championships 2022.
- He is the first-ever Indian to win silver medal in the World Athletics Championships and second Indian track and field athlete to have a podium finish.
- He is the first Asian athlete to win an Olympic gold medal in men’s javelin throw at the Tokyo Olympics 2020.
- HE is the first track and field athlete to win a gold medal for India at the Olympics.
- He is gold medallist at both 2018 Commonwealth Games and the 2018 Asian Games.
- He is also the first track and field athlete from India to win gold medal at the IAAF World U20 Championships, in 2016.
(Visited 47 times, 1 visits today)
August 1, 2022